Monday, October 04, 2010

NANNYPALOOZA- NANNIES ACROSS AMERICA

Nannies Across America united nannies from all over the US to experience something quite special. We came together in groups large and small to learn to do better.

That sounds pretty simple- but being better is no small thing. Any individual who has accomplished great things in their life will tell you the drive to do better is what can propel you to heights you never imagined. It is what separates a person out from the pack. To keep learning, to keep searching for new techniques and new ideas, to constantly want to improve are the hallmarks of doing better. The desire to do better has motivated new innovations, propelled great thoughts, moved mountains. Do better, pretty simple right.

We tell our kids all the time, you can do better. We know that it is the effort and the striving towards perfection that determines character and that by practicing and learning great things can be accomplished. Don't just get it done. Do better.

It is this desire that I hope you will take into the nanny profession and share. We can always do better. There is always more to learn. Things are always changing. We can find new ways to work together and support each other. Kids deserve better from us every day.

I know that there are days when I go to work and just keep going. There are days when my frustration is high and my motivation is low. That is when I look to my nanny community to remind me that I must do better. That I am working in a profession that demands it.

I am proud that more than 400 nannies participated in Nannies Across America. They gave of their free time to learn, to support, to laugh, to motivate, to educate and to remind themselves that they can always do better.

No comments: